On-Suite sounds so fancy, huh?
The second room we tackled was the “boy’s bedroom.” We loving call it the boy’s bedroom, well, because, see for yourself:
It even came complete with boogers on the walls!
We needed a space that wasn’t so kiddie for our adult guests to stay in. We decided to tackle this room quickly after moving in, because #1 it has a bathroom attached to it #2 we had a visitors booked for casa-de-david-and-dana #3 it only really needed cosmetic (relatively inexpensive) things done to it. All in all, I think this room cost us three weekends worth of time and $60 on paint.
First things first: We patched all the random holes in the walls and then painted them. We used Behr’s Mined Coal for the accent wall (think almost navy grey) and Perfect Taupe (greige) for the other three walls.
This room was especially grueling to paint ourselves because it had a very heavy wall texture and it required many coats to cover the bright blue paint. Also, whoever previously painted the room blue did not care about getting the blue paint on the white ceiling and white baseboards, so we had to re-paint all those edges. Exciting stuff.
Second: We swapped out the baseball fan for a non-baseball fan.
Third: Then we added a little furniture and decor. David made the lovely headboard out of found pallet wood and house scraps. We added to Ikea lights to the top since the room doesn’t have much space for nightstands.
This room has no closet (thanks previous home owners)! So, they had a sh*tty Ikea wardrobe in there. Which is totally great for a little boy, but not for grown adults. So we took that thing down to the garage, and replaced it with a family antique wardrobe:
I wanted the room to have an eclectic rustic feel, so I decorated it with a mix-match of vintage items, funky art, old wood, and found objects. I discovered these wire circles in a junk pile in our garage, and I transformed them by stringing Polaroids of our wedding guests in them:
And Voila! The room was done!