This was a quick project. The space is pretty small, so it only took us three weekends of semi-working on it to complete. Here’s a few before and afters to get your juices flowing:
I originally thought we were going to refinish the pedestal sink I found in the garage, but ultimately decided against it.
5 Reasons why I didn’t mess with the garage sink:
- The faucets were wonky. Replacing them or finding better, but still weird, faucets was super time consuming and costly
- It’s heavy. We’re talking cast-iron baby
- I didn’t want to spend the time and energy re-glasing it. Also, I read a lot of reviews online that said the finish doesn’t last long anyways
- The sink was short! Were pedestal sinks made for petite people back in the day? It seemed child-sized
- A brand-new pedestal sink with better faucets isn’t crazy expensive
Since David knocked the fridge surround project out of the park, I’ve asked that he create a custom built-in shelf in this awkward spot behind the bathroom door:
More to come on that project! Happy New Year everyone!